Are long keywords good to use?

• ATTENTION GUEST! If you'd like to join the website and get access to everything a webmaster needs then click HERE! Buy & sell content on the marketplace, get your website promoted for being active, high end articles, and more!
  • If you're having issues registering send us an email at: contact[at]seoraffle.com
Yesterday's Top Poster

Snorlax

Starting Out
Jun 28, 2021
WebCoin
ⓦ104
I heard some people say they use complete questions like "what is the best pokemon?" are keywords like this good to use? Is this even sonsidered a keyword to begin with?

Xyphien

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Feb 3, 2021
WebCoin
ⓦ1,004
Questions like that are in fact keywords, and they tend to actually bring in more traffic, and members in the long run than singular keywords I must say. I ranked first on google for about 5-10 keywords at one time on my largest forum. The ones that generated the most traffic were statements and not singular words I found. So I'd take the time to look up and research the best keywords and find what people are looking for as a question and use those.

Demon_skeith

Active
Jun 2, 2021
gaminglatest.com
WebCoin
ⓦ257
Questions like that are in fact keywords, and they tend to actually bring in more traffic, and members in the long run than singular keywords I must say. I ranked first on google for about 5-10 keywords at one time on my largest forum. The ones that generated the most traffic were statements and not singular words I found. So I'd take the time to look up and research the best keywords and find what people are looking for as a question and use those.

Would you say that is due to people actually typing in statements in search engines like google?

TopSilver

Active
Feb 12, 2021
www.cafediscussions.com
WebCoin
ⓦ330
I'm not sure but I am glad @Xyphien said that because I actually have noticed that as well. Also though keywords are no longer a search ranking signal and have nothing to do with your search engine rank, it's still good to have keywords in your meta description so that the type of site you have is better known.

Xyphien

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Feb 3, 2021
WebCoin
ⓦ1,004
Would you say that is due to people actually typing in statements in search engines like google?
Yes, the average person asks questions on google versus just searching something in particular. If you're trying to figure out how to do SEO you're not going to google SEO. You're going to google "How to do SEO" or "How to rank higher on google" "Teach me to SEO" stuff such as that. This means if you build these keywords into your back links you'll rank higher with them. And since people search those, they're more than likely to go to websites and look to see if that site has what they're looking for