Designers, have you ever got scammed?

• ATTENTION GUEST! If you'd like to join the website and get access to everything a webmaster needs then click HERE! Buy & sell content on the marketplace, get your website promoted for being active, high end articles, and more!
  • If you're having issues registering send us an email at: contact[at]seoraffle.com
Yesterday's Top Poster

Xyphien

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Feb 3, 2021
WebCoin
ⓦ1,448
So, I just made a logo for this guy. I do Semi-Custom logos for $30 using assets and making them more stylized for clients to save them money and myself time. I do a $10 down payment in case the client flakes, or doesn't want anything so I don't do work for free and can keep at least something. Well, this time, the user took my image, photoshopped my watermark and background out and threw his own logo on there :ROFLMAO: completely plagiarizing the logo, stealing it, and "saving himself $20"

View attachment Happy-Tails.png
This was the original logo. This is what he did after:
1634870914483.png

Have you ever had someone steal something illegally from you without payment, or half payment? If so, how did you go about handling it?

Demon_skeith

Well-Known
Jun 2, 2021
gaminglatest.com
WebCoin
ⓦ2,237
Well it wasn't for images, but I commissioned someone for a Xenforo addon, paid up full for it and they started to become hard to get a hold of until nothing. Thankfully paypal backed me and got my money, lets just say far bigger than $500.

Xyphien

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Feb 3, 2021
WebCoin
ⓦ1,448
Well it wasn't for images, but I commissioned someone for a Xenforo addon, paid up full for it and they started to become hard to get a hold of until nothing. Thankfully paypal backed me and got my money, lets just say far bigger than $500.
I've had something similar happen. I only paid about half for it, and sadly they strung me along way longer than the paypal guidelines of 90 days or something before they then vanished so I wasn't able to get a refund for it... Reported it to Xf, other people came out and claimed that they've had similar experiences with the account at hand, and their account still stands...