Have you ever paid for a custom addon?

• ATTENTION GUEST! If you'd like to join the website and get access to everything a webmaster needs then click HERE! Buy & sell content on the marketplace, get your website promoted for being active, high end articles, and more!
  • If you're having issues registering send us an email at: contact[at]seoraffle.com
Yesterday's Top Poster

Xyphien

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Feb 3, 2021
WebCoin
ⓦ1,239
Have you ever paid for a custom addon? If so, how much was it and what did it do for that price?

Spikey

Fresh
Feb 23, 2021
WebCoin
ⓦ23
Seeing as I just opened my first general discussion forum I have never paid for a custom addon from IPB yet but I have paid someone to make a custom theme for my forum.

Reactions: Xyphien

TopSilver

Active
Feb 12, 2021
www.cafediscussions.com
WebCoin
ⓦ330
No I haven't but I have created one free add-on called Most Ever Online now transferred to OzzModz. I transferred it to him a year and a half ago. But I created it. I personally would pay for custom development if I had the money and it was needed. I personally however find enjoyment out of being able to try and make it yourself sometimes. Still learning the ropes but it is a fun experience.

Oblivion Knight

Simi-Active
Feb 26, 2021
umbrella-online.co.uk
WebCoin
ⓦ160
Yes, just recently I had TickTackk do a bit of custom work concerning XenCarta 2 PRO and the breadcrumb.. I figured this would be easier than reaching out to Jaxel, of whom I have nothing against but he tends to have his own way of doing things.

He only charged me $67.50 - but it wasn't a particularly big job. The solution isn't ideal, but it works.

Xyphien

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Feb 3, 2021
WebCoin
ⓦ1,239
Yes, just recently I had TickTackk do a bit of custom work concerning XenCarta 2 PRO and the breadcrumb.. I figured this would be easier than reaching out to Jaxel, of whom I have nothing against but he tends to have his own way of doing things.

He only charged me $67.50 - but it wasn't a particularly big job. The solution isn't ideal, but it works.
That's really good. I just had one custom made myself as well. The banner display that we use was custom done. It cost me $100 to do, though there were some things I forgot to mention that they didn't originally add so it was my fault. They charge $15/hr to do, which is a really good price!

sincerem

Active
Jul 5, 2021
WebCoin
ⓦ223
I never paid for custom add-ons as a website owner. My blog is always built around wordpress where most of the plugin and add-ons are almost free. I only buy or download plugins.

apathy

Simi-Active
Aug 2, 2021
fortreeforums.xyz
WebCoin
ⓦ225
I've only had one commissioned, I started learning PHP so that I'd be able to create my ideas myself.
I did however get a bridge between my forum and my Natural Selection 2 server made, so that you can communicate to the in-game chat from my forums chatbox and vise-versa. Was $45 for game->chat communication and $80 for two-way communication, I'm pretty satisfied with it overall.

Xyphien

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Feb 3, 2021
WebCoin
ⓦ1,239
Twice, first time things fell through and had to fight to get my money back. Second time I was trying to fund an arcade for Xenforo but didn't pan out.
I'm about to have to fight with PayPal. The person/company that's been working on the big plugin for this site has been MIA for over a month now.