How many backlinks is considered good?

• ATTENTION GUEST! If you'd like to join the website and get access to everything a webmaster needs then click HERE! Buy & sell content on the marketplace, get your website promoted for being active, high end articles, and more!
  • If you're having issues registering send us an email at: contact[at]seoraffle.com
Yesterday's Top Poster

Snorlax

Starting Out
Jun 28, 2021
WebCoin
ⓦ104
I'd like to know this before even thinking about making a site. How many backlinks is considered good before you should even consider going public?

Xyphien

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Feb 3, 2021
WebCoin
ⓦ1,004
This depends on the individual2, some people think it's better to have content before having backlinks, others think the opposite. Personally, I found having backlinks before helps in the long run as natural growth from backlinks will lead to more content. I had around a thousand on WP before going public, but I personally think if I held it off until I had 5k it would be better for me personally.

Xyphien

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Feb 3, 2021
WebCoin
ⓦ1,004
I would think you want content up first, so that anyone following the backlink would be more intrested in staying.
I think it's a happy medium behind them both, I think you should build the content whilst building the backlinks as it can take 1-3 months for the SEO to populate. So that's 1-3 months of getting content up, if you do it after you'll still have to wait and be further behind the SEO curve imo. Same thing if you have a marketplace, live chat community, or something else. You should have some content during the building process of your SEO to ensure both work happily together.

Demon_skeith

Active
Jun 2, 2021
gaminglatest.com
WebCoin
ⓦ257
I think it's a happy medium behind them both, I think you should build the content whilst building the backlinks as it can take 1-3 months for the SEO to populate. So that's 1-3 months of getting content up, if you do it after you'll still have to wait and be further behind the SEO curve imo. Same thing if you have a marketplace, live chat community, or something else. You should have some content during the building process of your SEO to ensure both work happily together.

yep, I agree, main thing is not to build backlinks for a site that is empty/dead. Be a waste of effort.