Selling your site

• ATTENTION GUEST! If you'd like to join the website and get access to everything a webmaster needs then click HERE! Buy & sell content on the marketplace, get your website promoted for being active, high end articles, and more!
  • If you're having issues registering send us an email at: contact[at]seoraffle.com
Yesterday's Top Poster

Steven

Simi-Active
Feb 12, 2021
WebCoin
ⓦ249
I have purchased many websites and sold them off usually about the same I have spent on it SO I have really been positive very much in my sales. I try to stay away from flippa.com nothing but fake bidders and copied spam websites.

Xyphien

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Feb 3, 2021
WebCoin
ⓦ1,448
I have purchased many websites and sold them off usually about the same I have spent on it SO I have really been positive very much in my sales. I try to stay away from flippa.com nothing but fake bidders and copied spam websites.
On top of a hefty $49 fee on top of 20% of the final sale. I've never liked flippa which is why I'm striving to make this a great marketplace.

As for selling, I haven't had much luck selling websites. I've sold a few, and the ones I did sell I was sad when it went through as it was one of my favorite domains I've ever had. By some miracle I even managed to get that domain back for next to nothing which made me extremely happy! The site I sold was sold off shortly after to someone else who didn't have interest in the domain name and practically gave it back to me. So I've made money off the site, it just wasn't much

Reactions: Steven

Steven

Simi-Active
Feb 12, 2021
WebCoin
ⓦ249
On top of a hefty $49 fee on top of 20% of the final sale. I've never liked flippa which is why I'm striving to make this a great marketplace.

As for selling, I haven't had much luck selling websites. I've sold a few, and the ones I did sell I was sad when it went through as it was one of my favorite domains I've ever had. By some miracle I even managed to get that domain back for next to nothing which made me extremely happy! The site I sold was sold off shortly after to someone else who didn't have interest in the domain name and practically gave it back to me. So I've made money off the site, it just wasn't much
It's ridiculous how much Flippa charges, on top of it they have nothing but spammers and buyers who do not go through with the sale. What really pisses me off the most is users selling shopify websites that are started... you can literally do the same thing jus t signing up.. they're trying to scam you $xxx for a website you get just for signing up at the $30m price. GTFOH! I really hope Webmaster.place gets to where Flippa is or at least where DigitalPoint use to be back in the day! Tired of the scams!

Xyphien

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Feb 3, 2021
WebCoin
ⓦ1,448
It's ridiculous how much Flippa charges, on top of it they have nothing but spammers and buyers who do not go through with the sale. What really pisses me off the most is users selling shopify websites that are started... you can literally do the same thing jus t signing up.. they're trying to scam you $xxx for a website you get just for signing up at the $30m price. GTFOH! I really hope Webmaster.place gets to where Flippa is or at least where DigitalPoint use to be back in the day! Tired of the scams!
My goal for this is to eventually have a custom plugin installed which allows for auctions. On top of that if you back out of an auction your account will be restricted unless you have a valid reason. Another good thing is you won't ever be charged prior to a sale. So if someone does do an auction and then backs out you're not wasting ANY money what so ever.

Demon_skeith

Well-Known
Jun 2, 2021
gaminglatest.com
WebCoin
ⓦ2,237
I've received a lot of offers for my site over the year, one person offering as much as 2,000 for it in a rather rude way and wasn't liking it that I refused them. Granted, though I have no desire to sell, if someone offered a million for my site it be sold :p

Carlos

Fresh
Aug 19, 2021
www.carlos360.com
WebCoin
ⓦ-2
I've received a lot of offers for my site over the year, one person offering as much as 2,000 for it in a rather rude way and wasn't liking it that I refused them. Granted, though I have no desire to sell, if someone offered a million for my site it be sold :p
I see. I see. Okay, I'm a rude person. Got you. Okay. Okay, eddie... That's how you took it? Because I'm pretty sure I gave you a nice offer. You're talking about me, RIGHT THERE.

Let me explain something to you, Eddie. I've been buying sites for YEARS. I was intending to buy a website with a REASONABLE price, and all you did was raise the price to $5,000 without reason. My attitude is because, and I've written about this on xenForo, too. I went to a person to buy the site from him, I didn't have money on-hand, but I was willing to get the money to do it. So, I agreed to it, which was $3,000 at the time of offering. You know what happened when I found the money? You wanna know what he did? He turned around, and said $36,000. Imagine my anger. I felt disrespected. I felt spat on. So I lie in the background. One day, someone else bought it from him. I bought that domain name for the price I'd be willing to pay it for... Took me a long time, but REVENGE IS SWEET when you set your eye on something.

That price went from $3000 to $36,000 to a reasonable price of $2000. That domain is a redirect. I made my money back, two years later.

That revenge was sweet. It's so delicious.

By buying your site I was going to make your site the flagship, main general gaming site. I didn't have one. I still don't.

PS5Forum and CODForums are my big sites, but other than that... I don't have a gaming site that makes my money back and then some more. I have to start ALL over from scratch. But it is what it is, right? Right eddie?

Keep this in mind with that CODForum price above, that $3,000 price is on these numbers:
Threads 2,437
Posts 11,511
Members 3,467

You can't see it much, but here's the archive.org: https://web.archive.org/web/20111016004035/http://www.codforum.com/community/

Does that make any sense, whatsoever? To me, NO. But, I was willing to make my dreams a REALITY.

Last edited: