What makes you think that a forum isn't user-friendly?

• ATTENTION GUEST! If you'd like to join the website and get access to everything a webmaster needs then click HERE! Buy & sell content on the marketplace, get your website promoted for being active, high end articles, and more!
  • If you're having issues registering send us an email at: contact[at]seoraffle.com
Yesterday's Top Poster

sincerem

Active
Jul 5, 2021
WebCoin
ⓦ223
I spend my time more on forums than social medias, due to the discussions around forums that is integral to my career development.

But their are factors that discourages around forums, and when I see those signs I quickly fade off from that particular forum.

* I don't like seeing so much annoying ads when I'm accessing forums.

* If the forum isn't active with engaging members I quickly fade off.

* If the Admin is inactive I don't consider it at all.

* When the topics generated by members aren't superb, it doesn't entice me spending time on it.

* When the site isn't properly designed with appealing features, gorgeous theme, and better categorization of forum sections etc, it doesn't keep me long on the forum.

What other factors can make you think that way?

Xyphien

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Feb 3, 2021
WebCoin
ⓦ1,493
The overall look and feel of a forum is a huge factor for me. As well as staff interaction and how they handle themselves. I was on one webmaster forum where one of the staff had extreme views, and if you sided differently with him he would call you names and belittle you because of it. He would degrade your sites you listed and then claim it was "constructive". "That is a hunk of garbage" isn't constructive in the slightest, however "The site is very unappealing to me and I'm assuming to everyone because of this that and the other" that is constructive. It gets the same point across, without it demeaning the individual as well as explaining what they can do to fix it or at least pointing out what it unappealing to the site.

These two for me are huge, if the site isn't that active I will try and be active in hopes to make it more active, as long as the staff are there helping to make it active then I will still participate with it.

Reactions: sincerem

sincerem

Active
Jul 5, 2021
WebCoin
ⓦ223
You spoke well amiable Admin @Xyphien. When an Admin talks garbages and thinks his forum is worthwhile, whereas the words aren't constructive their is nothing enticing me to it.

I can manage be active on a forum that is less active but with quality discussions created by the few active members, hoping it will get better.