Wordpress Alternatives to WordPress?

• ATTENTION GUEST! If you'd like to join the website and get access to everything a webmaster needs then click HERE! Buy & sell content on the marketplace, get your website promoted for being active, high end articles, and more!
  • If you're having issues registering send us an email at: contact[at]seoraffle.com
Yesterday's Top Poster

Xyphien

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Feb 3, 2021
WebCoin
ⓦ1,523
What are some good alternatives to wordpress? With the forcing of the Gutenburg editor, a lot of the amazing addons that gave freedom to website creation no longer work. The new update made developing a website through WordPress time consuming, complicated, and extremely limiting. A once open source product is now adding restrictions to the usage of the product and as such it's no longer a viable option in my opinion for a lot of detailed web creation.

I'm currently about to test out Drupal, and I've heard joomla was good as well. Other than those two what are some good alternatives to WordPress?

sincerem

Active
Jul 5, 2021
WebCoin
ⓦ223
Blogspot which is owned by google is an alternative to WordPress blog software. Most bloggers makes use of the software to create free hosted blog site and monetize it through AdSense.

Xyphien

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Feb 3, 2021
WebCoin
ⓦ1,523
Blogspot which is owned by google is an alternative to WordPress blog software. Most bloggers makes use of the software to create free hosted blog site and monetize it through AdSense.
Blogspot is like wordpress.com which isn't the best option imo. Wordpress.org is a self ran website/blog software that use to be fully customizable until it's latest update which luckily people are working around as we speak to make it like it was. Any site like blogspot, wordpress.com, forumotion, wix, etc. isn't the best as in order to get stuff like domain names you have to be over charged as well as other fee's for things you'd get naturally if you just paid for the hosting.

sincerem

Active
Jul 5, 2021
WebCoin
ⓦ223
Blogspot is like wordpress.com which isn't the best option imo. Wordpress.org is a self ran website/blog software that use to be fully customizable until it's latest update which luckily people are working around as we speak to make it like it was. Any site like blogspot, wordpress.com, forumotion, wix, etc. isn't the best as in order to get stuff like domain names you have to be over charged as well as other fee's for things you'd get naturally if you just paid for the hosting.
Nice hearing from you about the differences between those softwares for creating websites. I can't spend more for domain using those options, the last time I used WordPress to customize a blog, the hosting and domain through bluehost was whopping. So which software are you suggesting for me as best for blog/forum creation with cheaper rate for domain and hosting fee??

Xyphien

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Feb 3, 2021
WebCoin
ⓦ1,523
Nice hearing from you about the differences between those softwares for creating websites. I can't spend more for domain using those options, the last time I used WordPress to customize a blog, the hosting and domain through bluehost was whopping. So which software are you suggesting for me as best for blog/forum creation with cheaper rate for domain and hosting fee??
I personally suggest using WordPress still as of now due to the fact that people are making it accessable again. But using wordpress.org and going with a hosting company that's either free or low cost if you're hurting for money. Domains tend to only run $10 a year, and if you get a coupon code you can pick one up for $1 through namecheap sometimes.

sincerem

Active
Jul 5, 2021
WebCoin
ⓦ223
I personally suggest using WordPress still as of now due to the fact that people are making it accessable again. But using wordpress.org and going with a hosting company that's either free or low cost if you're hurting for money. Domains tend to only run $10 a year, and if you get a coupon code you can pick one up for $1 through namecheap sometimes.
Thanks @Xyphien for your suggestions concerning the preferred option of creating my blog/forum and where to go buy affordable hosting and domain. I'll be utilizing the WordPress.org option you recommended.