What got you into being a webmaster?

• ATTENTION GUEST! If you'd like to join the website and get access to everything a webmaster needs then click HERE! Buy & sell content on the marketplace, get your website promoted for being active, high end articles, and more!
  • If you're having issues registering send us an email at: contact[at]seoraffle.com
Yesterday's Top Poster

Xyphien

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Feb 3, 2021
WebCoin
ⓦ1,523
What made you decide to chose the webmaster path?

For me, it was 2009 and I was starting to dabble in everything. I was a Pivot animator (Stick figure animation) and was getting hugely into it. I saw that my favorite animator had a new website and reached out to him. He had 10k + subs which at the time was massive for anyone doing Pivot, and he actually reached out and showed me step by step how to make it. Of course this was on Forumotion, a free forum website. I made my first site which was absolutely trash. https://pivotxd.board-directory.net/ this is actually it (I can't believe I found it!) the site I never actually did anything with, however I wanted to make a community for those who love pivot and from there I made another forumotion website called Pivetworld which got pretty big. Pivetworld is essentially where my love for designing websites came from, especially forums. I started to branch out and do MyBB, Wordpress, Drupal, anything and everything that was free and easy to use and it just spiked something I would forever do.

Reactions: sincerem

Oblivion Knight

Simi-Active
Feb 26, 2021
umbrella-online.co.uk
WebCoin
ⓦ160
I stumbled upon my first online community in 1999/2000, and probably within about 6 months I had an urge to start a community myself in the hope of making something equally successful or perhaps even better.

I loved the ability to customise things as I saw fit, instead of requesting them to be added or seeing bad decisions being made. Unfortunately I never have tasted the same success of that first community I joined, which no longer exists. I had a tendency to get disheartened as soon as activity dropped and would close the project, and try to think of something new..

I'm quite determined to not do that again with Umbrella Online, a project that I've revived from my early years as a webmaster - though it is incredibly difficult to keep that motivation up when you feel like things aren't progressing as you'd have liked.

Reactions: Xyphien

MaDe

Starting Out
Feb 22, 2021
WebCoin
ⓦ48
I visited a few forums and at some point people were talking about the software which we can use to make websites. I thought I should try it.

TopSilver

Active
Feb 12, 2021
www.cafediscussions.com
WebCoin
ⓦ330
Just getting into html and css with nagato a former staff member on my site is what lead me to make a website. I had taken part in web development at an early age of 13 years old and recently came back to it in 2015 where I started practicing css and just learning to position elements on a page from scratch. Then I got introduced to phpstorm which is an advanced IDE for web development and that lead me to get heavily involved in learning how to design a website. It took me about 2 1/3 or 3 years but later in 2017-2018 I had almost completely mastered it outside of small unimportant tid-bits. To this day I can do anything with a website except for javascript and php which I still should learn. I have not dedicated much time to learning neither but it will be a skill I will obtain before too long. I want to be a full stack web developer in the near future.

games

Starting Out
Mar 14, 2021
WebCoin
ⓦ54
I love to write and also love technology. As a result, I decided to open a blog and write about software. Because I have a prior knowledge of WordPress, it wasn't hard to build my first blog and it was a quite successful.

• Love

Demon_skeith

Well-Known
Jun 2, 2021
gaminglatest.com
WebCoin
ⓦ2,733
I joined someone's forum, which was the second one I've joined, and was made a mod on there. One day the person closed down and managed to get a hold of him, asking to take over and next thing you know I'm an admin and a green as can be webmaster. Made a lot of mistakes and screw-ups, but I did manage to learn and make the most out of my site.

sincerem

Active
Jul 5, 2021
WebCoin
ⓦ223
I'm getting I gradually into webmaster field. My interest around webmaster developed since covid19 inception, and I'm motivated now to take it far to own my own community in the next 24 months, when I've gotten the needed experience.