Other Favorite Forum Software?

• ATTENTION GUEST! If you'd like to join the website and get access to everything a webmaster needs then click HERE! Buy & sell content on the marketplace, get your website promoted for being active, high end articles, and more!
  • If you're having issues registering send us an email at: contact[at]seoraffle.com
Yesterday's Top Poster

Xyphien

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Feb 3, 2021
WebCoin
ⓦ1,523
Out of all of the forum software out there what is your go to?

Obviously for me it's Xenforo, every single forum I own is on Xenforo. From my card game I'm developing to a community forum based on a video game they are all made through Xf.

Ash

Fresh
Feb 16, 2021
WebCoin
ⓦ32
In terms of paid software, it's easily XenForo for me. Has a great selection of themes and plugins and feels great to use as well! For free software, there is no better option than MyBB

Reactions: EntitledStories

Xyphien

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Feb 3, 2021
WebCoin
ⓦ1,523
What if vB makes a grand come back ?
It could be my overwhelming bias against vB but I don't think it'll come back. A lot of webmasters, especially those who specialize in forums shy away from vB which is why you hardly see any new forums running vB and instead using xF or IPB.

MaDe

Starting Out
Feb 22, 2021
WebCoin
ⓦ48
What if someone interesting joined the team. A person who knows what forums are and turn the tide ? I mean, they already have everything, a visionary could be a turning point, right ?

TopSilver

Active
Feb 12, 2021
www.cafediscussions.com
WebCoin
ⓦ330
I'd be interested in seeing if vBulletin 6 whenever they release that is anything towards a come-back. With what happened with vBulletin.org and I think one of the lead developers leaving I would be interested to see. Personally favorite software here is Xenforo 2 but I do appreciate a good software even outside of Xenforo though I have yet to find one that can compete.

Xyphien

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Feb 3, 2021
WebCoin
ⓦ1,523
I'd be interested in seeing if vBulletin 6 whenever they release that is anything towards a come-back. With what happened with vBulletin.org and I think one of the lead developers leaving I would be interested to see. Personally favorite software here is Xenforo 2 but I do appreciate a good software even outside of Xenforo though I have yet to find one that can compete.
That would be quite interesting to be honest. If they make some much needed changes and actually listen to their small... very small clientele the may still have :ROFLMAO: as well as do what's been proven to work as of now then they could have a chance. I'd be interested to see the results, but they'd have to be big in order to draw my attention. I also agree with Xenforo 2 as the best, though I hate this new backspace thing they implemented. Whenever you delete a word, it will auto delete the space and take you back to the previous word so you're forced to hit space after deleted a word.

I'm using IPB for my forum :)
IPB is really good :) What made you chose that over the others?

Oblivion Knight

Simi-Active
Feb 26, 2021
umbrella-online.co.uk
WebCoin
ⓦ160
XenForo for me too.. Though I didn't really consider IPB in fairness, perhaps a bias that remains from the vBulletin days!

..and no, I don't think vBulletin is likely to make a comeback whilst under its current ownership.

Demon_skeith

Well-Known
Jun 2, 2021
gaminglatest.com
WebCoin
ⓦ2,733
I currently love Xenforo, so sleek and fluid. I used to love IPB up to version 3 (including all the 1.3 modded flavors) but I wasn't pleased with what IPB 4 was doing or its server heavy strain.

EntitledStories

Starting Out
May 29, 2021
WebCoin
ⓦ61
MyBB used to be my go-to back in the day, but I haven't used it in a while. I guess their latest release will finally have a responsive default theme. It's a shame MyBB 2.0 never came around, I remember when that was being hyped up a few years ago.

Xenforo looks nice, haven't had the chance to try it yet though.

sincerem

Active
Jul 5, 2021
WebCoin
ⓦ223
Xenforo is the household name when it comes to forum software. Lots of webmasters build their forum around Xenforo more than MyBB, IPB and the rest.