Advertising a forum on other forums

• ATTENTION GUEST! If you'd like to join the website and get access to everything a webmaster needs then click HERE! Buy & sell content on the marketplace, get your website promoted for being active, high end articles, and more!
  • If you're having issues registering send us an email at: contact[at]seoraffle.com
Yesterday's Top Poster

Xyphien

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Feb 3, 2021
WebCoin
ⓦ1,523
It honestly depends on several things such as the type of forum you're using in my opinion, and if it's the same genre as the other. Webmaster/Promotion sites will get members easily if promoted on other webmaster/promotion sites. However, if you're promoting something other than that you may get a few active members here and there but that's about it. Most people are on there to promote for themselves, however there's those members you see around that are actively engaging in the community. I think if you're one of those members who are active around a lot of the sites more people will be willing to be active on your site in return. It also depends on that websites marketing strategy. Over time I will be building the SEO for a few keywords that will bring members LOOKING for websites in, versus just promoting. If other sites do the same, then it will be worth it to advertise on other forums.

All in all though, any advertisement on another forum is still at minimum 1 extra backlinks if they're Do-Follow, which means if that site gains popularity that backlink increases your overall SEO so I do believe it is beneficial to promote on forums as long as they allow it :)

Altair

Premium
Premium
Feb 27, 2021
WebCoin
ⓦ257
I would say its worth it. Just make sure you follow the forums rule and don't post it unless you have a good amount of posts.

EntitledStories

Starting Out
May 29, 2021
WebCoin
ⓦ61
Back in the day this used to be the way to advertise a new site and get backlinks, but now it seems Xenforo's default behavior is to put a "nofollow" on every link that is posted, so no building backlinks that way anymore.

Xyphien

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Feb 3, 2021
WebCoin
ⓦ1,523
Back in the day this used to be the way to advertise a new site and get backlinks, but now it seems Xenforo's default behavior is to put a "nofollow" on every link that is posted, so no building backlinks that way anymore.
By default links are Do-Follower, just most people put theirs to nofollow to prevent people from spamming links on their forums.

Reactions: EntitledStories

Steven

Simi-Active
Feb 12, 2021
WebCoin
ⓦ270
I don't think it causes problems if anything it can help bring more members to the community. NamePros spams out any combination of communities names that are in the same niche. I think it's pretty pathetic.